    so I just cannot figure out who and how has installed it?

    ...by the way, all subscribed groups had something to do with dianetics,
    scientology and similar crap, so this must be a new type of advertising.

    Sigmund, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Sigmund

    trout Guest

    Just a guess here; as I'm not familiar with the behaviour of your
    Netscape. But I've seen this happen with OE when clicking on a newsgroup
    message ID link.
    I've had an account with the server name appear on the folder list
    (even though no connection was made). Frankly, I'm not sure why this
    happened; only that the group referenced in the link wasn't carried by
    either server that I use. I just deleted it, with no ill effect.

    trout, Sep 25, 2003

  3. Sigmund

    Sigmund Guest

    Thanks a lot.

    hmm.. yes I hope it was something of the sort, but still find it strange
    that I could drag and drop a full newsgroups account. I will try to
    replicate that in some way let's see.

    Sigmund, Sep 25, 2003