    problem.
    Ta in advance
    jim

    james.willsden, Feb 15, 2004

  2. james.willsden

    Harrison Guest

    On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:03:50 -0000, "james.willsden" <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >How do (or can) I copy downloaded driver - 3.5mb to floppy (1.44mb) disk? I
    >keep on getting window telling me that the file is too large. But when I
    >have used backup - onto floppy - I can backup 6mb using 5 floppies with no
    >problem.
    >Ta in advance
    >jim

    Use Winzip and span disks.

    Harrison, Feb 15, 2004

  3. james.willsden

    philo Guest

    "james.willsden" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > How do (or can) I copy downloaded driver - 3.5mb to floppy (1.44mb) disk?

    > keep on getting window telling me that the file is too large. But when I
    > have used backup - onto floppy - I can backup 6mb using 5 floppies with no
    > problem.
    > Ta in advance
    > jim

    you can use a file splitter

    just look on google there are plenty of them

    philo, Feb 15, 2004
  4. james.willsden

    Mistoffolees Guest

    james.willsden wrote:
    > Hi
    > How do (or can) I copy downloaded driver - 3.5mb to floppy (1.44mb) disk? I
    > keep on getting window telling me that the file is too large. But when I
    > have used backup - onto floppy - I can backup 6mb using 5 floppies with no
    > problem.
    > Ta in advance
    > jim

    IIRC, WinZip (and some of the other compression apps)
    is able to span across several floppy diskettes. Can it
    be done for a single file...not sure as it has been a
    very long time ago. This is the era of ZIP/JAZ drives,
    CD-RW, USB Flash drives, etc.

    Mistoffolees, Feb 15, 2004
  5. james.willsden

    Hans Guest

    "Mistoffolees" <> wrote in message

    > james.willsden wrote:
    > > Hi
    > > How do (or can) I copy downloaded driver - 3.5mb to floppy (1.44mb)

    disk? I
    > > keep on getting window telling me that the file is too large. But when I
    > > have used backup - onto floppy - I can backup 6mb using 5 floppies with

    no
    > > problem.
    > > Ta in advance
    > > jim
    > >

    > IIRC, WinZip (and some of the other compression apps)
    > is able to span across several floppy diskettes. Can it
    > be done for a single file...not sure as it has been a
    > very long time ago. This is the era of ZIP/JAZ drives,
    > CD-RW, USB Flash drives, etc.

    Yep. My new laptop didn't even come with a floppy drive.

    Hans, Feb 15, 2004