    James Guest

    I am having trouble sending a zipped email attachment. Is it very common for
    zipped attachments to get filtered out?

    James, Feb 13, 2005

  2. James

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: How common is it for attachments to get filtered out?
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    It's common, yes.

    Try using this instead:

    http://s25.yousendit.com/

    G. Morgan, Feb 13, 2005

  3. James

    Pennywise Guest

    |> I am having trouble sending a zipped email attachment. Is it very common for
    |> zipped attachments to get filtered out?

    Rename the file to pix.txt, the recipient renames it to pix.zip.

    Pennywise, Feb 13, 2005
  4. James

    Vanguard Guest

    Was the file actually getting attached? Have you tried attaching the
    file and sending it to both the recipient and to yourself to see if you
    get your own e-mail with the attached file? If you get your e-mail back
    with the attachment, your mail server is not stripping your attachment
    so you can't do anything about it as it is getting stripped somewhere
    along the route to your recipient. Maybe your recipient is used an
    e-mail service that strips off attachments or requires they download
    them separately. Could be your recipient has employed some anti-spam
    program that they misconfigured and is stripping off attachments.
    However, if your e-mail copy that comes back to you is stripped of the
    attachment then call your e-mail provider to find out why attachments
    are getting stripped.

    Vanguard, Feb 13, 2005