    Does the typical low-to-mid market subcompact digicam nowadays have
    a charge socket? Or would I still have to take the battery out to
    charge it?

    kathie, Jun 10, 2009

  2. kathie

    John Navas Guest

    The ones I'm familiar with all require the battery to be removed for
    charging, which has the advantage of being able to charge a 2nd battery
    while the 1st is in use, but they don't forget settings in the process.

    John Navas, Jun 10, 2009

  3. kathie

    Ofnuts Guest

    No

    Or would I still have to take the battery out to
    Yes

    But you can also get a second battery, so your camera is battery-less
    only for the time required to swap them. And you get some spare power
    for those days where you use the flash often.

    Ofnuts, Jun 10, 2009