    thesak Guest

    How can you view photos in Photoshop_Album_Starter_Edition.exe
    on an iMac Apple Computer with the operating system OS X 10.3

    thesak, Feb 3, 2007

  2. thesak

    M-M Guest

    You can't.

    M-M, Feb 3, 2007

  3. thesak

    thesak Guest

    So what can be done?... How do you get it converted?... What might the
    sender of the attachment try?...

    thesak, Feb 3, 2007
  4. thesak

    Ken Lucke Guest

    Well, you can try to understand that an .exe is an /APPLICATION/ for
    Windows - you know, a /program/. /Software/. It is an executable
    file, not a data file. It runs under Windows/DOS. Not under MAC OS.
    It's nothing that can be "converted". Period. You can no more run it
    or use it on a Mac OS without an emulator than you could run Mac OS on
    an XBox.

    Which was what my last reply to you explained, somewhat less irritably
    than this one, as I thought it was fairly clear.

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard

    Ken Lucke, Feb 3, 2007
  5. Nitpick: Install a copy of VirtualPC on the Mac (if he's running 10.3,
    it's a PPC machine, so Bootcamp or Parallels is Right Out), run Windows
    in emulation, and run the .exe in _that_.

    No, this isn't a smart thing to do. Use iPhoto instead.

    -dms

    Daniel Silevitch, Feb 3, 2007
  6. thesak

    thesak Guest

    That looked like nearly ruling out that nothing can be done
    to get the photos! There may be a way, but what?...
    If the sender of the attachment
    Photoshop_Album_Starter_Edition.exe
    has only scant knowledge is there still something
    the sender can be asked to do to resend the photos in a more
    compatible format?... Even if the sender knows little of
    how to operate a computer.

    Someday we'll have real computers and we won't have
    to know this stuff. The computer will do it.

    thesak, Feb 3, 2007
  7. thesak

    jacksonmacd Guest

    The photos are not *in* Photoshop Album because PSA is "merely" a
    database that describes the photos as they exist on the computer's
    hard disk. PSA is a way to organize additional information *about* the
    underlying files.

    You can "get" the photos by going to their original location on the
    hard disk and opening them in some other application.

    Now, if your question is really "how can I retrieve the meta-data
    about the photos that are currently stored in PSA and use those
    meta-data on a Mac", then that's a different question, and a much
    harder task to accomplish. The flippant answer "you can't" comes to
    mind! However, if you want to go to a lot of work, you could open the
    Photoshop Album file using Microsoft Access, and "somehow" export the
    data into a format that can be opened by some arbitrary Mac program.
    Would be a LOT of work.

    --

    remove uppercase letters for true email
    http://www.geocities.com/jacksonmacd/ for info on MS Access security

    jacksonmacd, Feb 4, 2007
  8. Unless you get VirtualPC. A .exe file is a program and will run just
    fine in VirtualPC.

    If you can find the photos themselves, they can be put viewed iPhoto or
    converted with QuickTime and then viewed in iPhoto.

    Stephen Henning, Feb 4, 2007