    olnly? Somebody told me that it is. Can anyone please elaborate how?

    Thanks,
    Aamir

    aamircheema, Aug 2, 2006

  2. Greg Lindsay [MSFT], Aug 2, 2006

  3. aamircheema

    Guest Guest

    Yes indeed, the Pathping and Tracert functions are quite useful. I was able
    to identify where there was a bottleneck in the traffic from end user out
    through our VPN to global sites. It was good to be able to point the finger
    at someone else and clearly identify that the device causing the problems is
    not under your control.

    Use the syntax: Pathping/Tracert (www.?.?) to ping to a server outside if
    you do not have a specific address to ping to.

    The only drawback is the delay repeating the function due to the amount of
    packets being sent out per hop.

    Otherwise, fab tools.

    Jaf

    Guest, Aug 3, 2006