How can you here when you've got a call through a headset?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by OM, Sep 26, 2005.

  1. OM

    OM Guest

    This might sound dumb... but:

    You've got a headset with microphone.
    Both leads are plugged into your soundcard, speakers and mic.
    At the computer, you've got your headset on... so you know when you've
    got a call.

    But... then you go for a cup of tea...
    You get a call... you can't hear that you've got a call.
    Problem?

    How do you over come this?

    Thanks!

    OM

    OM, Sep 26, 2005

  2. OM

    Jono Guest

    OM wrote:
    || This might sound dumb... but:
    || You've got a headset with microphone.
    || Both leads are plugged into your soundcard, speakers and mic.
    || At the computer, you've got your headset on... so you know when
    || you've got a call.
    || But... then you go for a cup of tea...
    || You get a call... you can't hear that you've got a call.
    || Problem?
    || How do you over come this?
    || Thanks!
    || OM

    Use a splitter to connect speakers & headphones to the soundcard, on the
    same jack.

    When you get a call, simply turn the speaker volume down (assuming they have
    a volume control)

    Jono, Sep 26, 2005

  3. OM

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Use a hardware phone that you can hear ringing..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 26, 2005
  4. OM

    themgt Guest

    There are USB headsets. You can then (on Xlite anyway) use a different
    device (your soundcard & speakers) for the ringer.

    themgt, Sep 26, 2005
  5. OM

    Mark Adamson Guest

    This might sound dumb... but:
    My solution makes use of the headphones port on the "remote" for my creative
    speakers.

    I have an extension lead running from my mic port to the remote. I always
    have the mic of my headset plugged in, and then when I recieve a call (heard
    through my normal speakers), I just plug my headset speaker into the port on
    the remote.

    It sounds complicated, but is actually really simple and works great. I am
    able to control my headphone volume from the remote.

    Mark

    Mark Adamson, Sep 27, 2005