    I know how to launch programs and files, but what does one do if one
    needs to go to several different websites all at once, without having
    to click the bookmarks for each, etc., manually? Tx.

    fitwell, Feb 3, 2005

  2. fitwell

    Pennywise Guest

    |> I know how to launch programs and files, but what does one do if one
    |> needs to go to several different websites all at once, without having
    |> to click the bookmarks for each, etc., manually? Tx.

    Opera has this ability, you select the websites then save the session.
    Each time you start Opera you have the option of starting with those
    sites loaded. Also at anytime you can load the session.

    These can be tabbed windows or separate windows for each site.

    Not suggesting you switch to Opera, just that it's an option.

    Pennywise, Feb 3, 2005

  3. And you can also do it in Firefox. Set up a tab for each site. I don't
    do this, but a neighbor has about twenty tabs, each with a different
    page, start up when she fires up Firefox.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 3, 2005
  4. Damn. Asked Magic 8-Ball what browser you use and it just said,
    "Can't Say".

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 3, 2005
  5. CDW sent me a Magic 8 Ball specially made for computer questions.
    Usually says something like:

    "It's not a bug, it's a feature."
    "Try rebooting."
    "Ask again later."
    etc

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 3, 2005
  6. Sounds like a MS M8B.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 3, 2005
  7. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    Thanks for that. Was hoping to figure out something where the default
    browser wouldn't be important, though. I got to thinking last night
    that some sort of bat file, maybe? But I'm no good at bat file
    coding. Or perhaps some tiny little, no install app that could do the
    same type of thing?

    Anyway, thanks, I'll keep looking.

    fitwell, Feb 3, 2005
  8. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    Any suggestion as to something that would work regardless of browser?
    I have Firefox at home but have IE at the office and sometimes
    Netscape. Thanks.

    fitwell, Feb 3, 2005
  9. Well, I don't see how it can be done in IE, but you can do it in Crazy
    Browser, which is a shell for IE.

    Also just found one at Nonags.com called Rapid Deployment URL
    Launcher, which would seem to be just what you're after:

    http://www.nonags.com/nonags/webt.html

    Direct download here:

    http://www.clickfire.com/download/rd11.exe

    It's free.