How can we easily annotate text onto Nikon camera AVI usingfreeware

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Eddie Powalski, May 22, 2013.

  1. On Windows or Linux, I'd like to annotate simple text
    onto a MJPG video taken from a Nikon D5000 that I want to
    upload to YouTube which shows a perplexing issue with
    the toll-free Customer Support number for ZTE.
    1-877-817-1759

    The video is here:

    All I want to do is add simple explanatory text saying
    the first phone is a California landline, the second VOIP,
    and the third a cell phone, where the first two fail every
    time (they end up in Chinese); yet the third gets through
    every time (and ends up, as desired, in English).

    I tried adding explanatory text via paper, but there
    must be an easy way, with freeware, to add text
    directly onto the video (preferably in Linux).

    What freeware would you suggest for annotating simple
    explanatory text onto that basic Nikon camera MJPG AVI?

    PS: If you have any idea what is going on telephonically,
    that would be useful too ... but I understand that's OT
    for this newsgroup.

    Eddie Powalski, May 22, 2013

  2. "non-linear video editing"
    - kdenlive
    - OpenShot
    - Cinelerra
    - LiVES
    - PiTiVi
    None. I'd suggest free (libre) software.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, May 23, 2013