    Is there an ActiveX component or something else I can serve from my ISP that
    would allow me telnet access to another server?

    TIA

    Jack B. Pollack, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Jack B. Pollack

    Win Guest

    Think you would need to instaqll the telnet progran on the cafes pc the
    config it.
    Don't think they would kile that
    Don't know enough about jave but never heard of a program like you want

    Win, Jul 17, 2003

  3. A lot of internet cafes don't restrict access to telnet. If they have
    hampered access to the command prompt you should be able to get to it easy
    enough. Try the "Hyperterminal" help in Windows XP, which a:lets you make
    telnet connections, and even better b:gives you access to a command prompt.

    Obviously, if you're unlucky you'll get a cafe where they have locked it
    down properly, but I haven't found one yet.
    I would be interested if you do find one.

    Santiago Zawojski, Jul 17, 2003
  4. Jack B. Pollack

    jda^fx Guest

    You can just go for the putty tel, wich is a little telnet client that
    comes down ready to use, it does not have to be installed or anything.
    Just download that little .exe and you are going

    jda^fx

    jda^fx, Jul 18, 2003
  5. Jack B. Pollack

    Zaltor Guest

    If you have the source you could wrap the applet in a main program of
    it's
    own and you could then use it - but that would defeat the purpose of using
    your browser as a telnet client. :-/ You could go through the pain of
    rewriting the
    security manager for your browser - but I don't know how to do that, plus if
    other people wanted to use it they would have to download this new security
    manager you have written. I do not know if it would be possible to turn the
    safety devices off for Java in the browser.

    Zaltor, Jul 24, 2003