How can I stop PC from downloading any file? But allow it to browse to surf net.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by harry, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. harry

    harry Guest

    Hello

    I am looking to setup couple of PC's for public use on
    exhibition/seminar etc.

    I am looking at using 3 new PC's with XP or XP Pro. One PC to act as
    Server, may be even use new windows 2003 server. The system will be
    connected to broadband.

    We want to make sure those PC used by public does not start
    downloading any files, and also not to access CD writers on the PC's
    as these PC's will be used for office afterwards.

    What is the best solution and also what third party software will I
    need, I am not technical. I dont know about writing scripts etc.

    Thanks for your help/suggestions

    Harry

    harry, Jul 9, 2003

  2. harry

    Shep© Guest

    You will no doubt set up as the,"Administrator" on the systems.This
    means you can make user profiles that you control.Only the admin can
    change the settings the Admin has set so you make the user profiles
    with restrictions that you want.
    http://www.tipsdr.com/windows-xp-networking.html
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/techinfo/planning/networking/overview/default.asp

    HTH :)