    machine running Office 2003. Is there a way I can capture their Office
    settings via some sort of program so that way they begin work on their new
    machine I can "import" their old Office settings?

    Spin, Oct 14, 2007

  2. Spin

    Pennywise Guest

    In the options (or similar) there is a place you can change the paths
    to the directories it uses. This includes user settings

    Save the files in those paths (directories), install them in the
    corresponding directories on the new install.

    Pennywise, Oct 14, 2007

  3. Spin

    Spin Guest

    If you change the paths to the directories it uses wouldn't you then go back
    to effectively using Office 2000 in not Office 2003?

    Spin, Oct 14, 2007
  4. Spin

    Pennywise Guest

    your not changing the path, your finding them so you can access the
    data.

    Pennywise, Oct 15, 2007
  5. Spin

    Spin Guest

    You said:

    "In the options (or similar) there is a place you can change the paths to
    the directories it uses. This includes user settings"

    What exactly do you mean? Can you give me a step-by-step?

    Spin, Oct 15, 2007
  6. Spin

    Pennywise Guest

    you left out the working part:
    Save the files in those paths (directories), install them in the
    corresponding directories on the new install.

    You just copy the files in user preferences (or similar) and stick
    them in where the word 2003 userprefs directory is.
    No, I don't have word installed, this method is from when I did have
    word installed.

    I would play with an OS until I broke it (Win2000) the reinstall it,
    got tired of setting word preferences all the time so just saved them
    from one install to the next.

    Pennywise, Oct 15, 2007