  1. Chris Turner

    Chris Turner Guest

    CAN ANYONE TELL ME PLEASE HowI get rid of the windows welcome screen

    Chris Turner, Nov 22, 2004

  2. Chris Turner

    Gordon Guest

    Log on as an Administrator, go to Control Panel-User Accounts and click on
    "Change the way Users log on or off"........

    HTH

    Gordon, Nov 22, 2004

  3. Chris Turner

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Chris Turner vaguely muttered something like ...
    Don't turn the computer off ... or on ... ;)

    Paul - xxx, Nov 22, 2004
  4. Chris Turner

    °Mike° Guest

  5. Check the don't show this again, bottom left.

    Annette Kurten, Nov 22, 2004
  6. Chris Turner

    gb Guest

    Check what where? Bottom left of what?

    (In case you misunderstand, you don't need to answer me - your answer
    explains nothing).

    gb, Nov 22, 2004
  7. Chris Turner

    Old Gringo Guest

    It has been 7 years since I have seen the welcome screen in Win98se
    but the first time I saw the welcome screen there was some ungodly
    music that accompanied it awful shit. Looking closely at the screen
    I noticed a tiny little check box with something like "show this
    welcome screen every time windows starts" I unchecked it and haven't
    seen it since. :) The check box was located near the bottom left
    side of the Welcome Window. Good Luck

    Old Gringo, Nov 23, 2004
  8. Chris Turner

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | |
    | > Check the don't show this again, bottom left.
    |
    | Check what where? Bottom left of what?
    |
    | (In case you misunderstand, you don't need to answer me - your answer
    | explains nothing).

    Actually it does. In Windows 95 and 98 (probably ME, but I never ran it)
    with a new install, there is a screen that loads when Windows starts. At the
    bottom left of that "Welcome Screen" (which is, after all, what the post
    subject line is asking about) is a check box that says "Show this each time
    Windows starts" or something like that. Remove the checkmark, and it doesn't
    come back.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 23, 2004
  9. Chris Turner

    gb Guest

    Well, aren't you a clever one for knowing/guessing what she and the OP
    meant? :)

    To be honest, I had no idea what the OP meant by 'the welcome screen'. In
    light of that, being told to click something on the 'bottom left' meant even
    less! I felt a certain amount of guessing or presumption was required to
    know that's what the OP meant.

    gb, Nov 23, 2004
  10. Chris Turner

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Gee, thanks <g>! I've seen that stupid screen way too many times in life to
    forget it...heh heh...

    | Well, aren't you a clever one for knowing/guessing what she and the OP
    | meant? :)
    |
    | To be honest, I had no idea what the OP meant by 'the welcome screen'. In
    | light of that, being told to click something on the 'bottom left' meant
    even
    | less! I felt a certain amount of guessing or presumption was required to
    | know that's what the OP meant.

    | > |
    | > | Check what where? Bottom left of what?
    | > |
    | > | (In case you misunderstand, you don't need to answer me - your answer
    | > | explains nothing).
    | > |

    Toolman Tim, Nov 24, 2004