    How can I methodically diagnose then fix the problem?
    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike, Dec 10, 2006

  2. Mike

    Leythos Guest

    Did you uncheck - Use Default Gateway in your networking settings so
    that you could access your local network while using the VPN?

    If you can't connect using RD through the VPN using the device name, try
    the IP of the device instead of the name - also make sure that you've
    not unchecked the Use Remote Gateway.

    Leythos, Dec 10, 2006

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Where is the Use Default Gateway? I looked in TCP/IP settings/advanced but
    can't find Use Default Gateway.
    Can't ping it, but can get on the Internet and can connect to VPN fine just
    can't connect using RDP.
    Where can I find Use Remote Gateway?

    Mike

    Mike, Dec 10, 2006
  4. Mike

    Leythos Guest

    http://www.csupomona.edu/~ehelp/vpn/faq.html

    Look down the page for the specific instructions.

    Leythos, Dec 10, 2006
  5. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Is there a Windows Forum I can go to or other resources that'll describe how
    trouble a defective network connection?
    http://www.csupomona.edu/~ehelp/vpn/faq.html
    is good but I'm also looking for coimmands I can run to verify a NIC is
    working, etc.

    Mike, Dec 12, 2006