    printer to print out the 4X6s that wants.
    Thank you in advance!
    Joe

    flomers, Dec 12, 2005

  2. flomers

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In spewed forth:
    First of all, every USB 2.0 device I've ever used runs fine on my USB 1.x
    port in the laptop. What make/model of printer are you talking about?

    Secondly, if you don't have USB 2.0, you can probably add it. On a laptop,
    it's done with a PC-Card. I recommend Belkin's cardbus model, since I had
    trouble with others, but the Belkin has been flawless. On a PC, most have an
    open PCI slot. Buy a card to plug in to that.

    Now, to see if you have 2.0, open the system properties (control panel,
    system) find the Device manager (probably on the hardware tab) and open
    that. Scroll to the bottom of the list and find the USB ports. Click on the
    plus sign, and look for "enhanced" in the description of the host
    controller. If it says "enhanced" it's 2.0. If it doesn't, it's 1.1.

    Toolman Tim, Dec 12, 2005

  3. flomers

    mcneal1 Guest

    with her running 2000 as her OS, more than likely she does have usb 1.1
    As ther person above said though every device that has 2.0 is
    backwards compatible with 1.1, so she'll be able to use it regardless.

    mcneal1, Dec 12, 2005