    __
    Phil

    To reply,remove *nospam* to insure is not returned as "undeliverable".

    Phil T, Jul 29, 2004

  2. Phil T

    doS Guest

    antivirus, spybot, etc

    doS, Jul 29, 2004

  3. Phil T

    Duane Arnold Guest

    It would be nice to know what file you're talking about in System32 and
    if the file is in use (possibly) by the O/S, then you cannot delete it.
    And if it is a O/S file that you somehow delete, then the O/S is going to
    put the file back out of its System32/DllCache directory (hidden).

    Also, as long as a file is in use by whatever program that has it open,
    then the O/S is not going to allow the file to be deleted.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 29, 2004
  4. Phil T

    Phil T Guest

    HI Duane ...

    Thanks!

    Phil T, Jul 29, 2004
  5. It may be a virus.

    Betty Lou Poindexter, Jul 29, 2004
  6. Phil T

    Duane Arnold Guest

    What file is it?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 29, 2004
  7. Phil T

    Brian Guest

    if(and only if) you absolutely know that its not a system file... boot in
    safe mode and delete from there..

    Brian, Jul 29, 2004
  8. Phil T

    no way Guest

    I wonder if you loaded up on a dos mode with an xp startup disk and went
    in to the folder in question by cd tot he directory then using dos
    attrib command to remove the read only attribute with attrib -r
    (filename) plus the other in this format could be visable in the dll
    cache with attrib -r -h (filename) it a long shoot but give a try.

    no way, Jul 30, 2004
  9. Phil T

    JamesBenson Guest

    What file????????????

    System 32 is your system files needed to run bar the name system.
    File in use means it is needed do not delete fool unless you put it there

    JamesBenson, Jul 30, 2004
  10. Phil T

    °Mike° Guest

  11. Phil T

    itsmeue

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    READ THIS!!!!!

    Okay, I can not believe you are actually attempting this...
    It says file in use PROBABLY because it is using it...right? So at least try ending the proccess first! And if you don't get a good result, don't delete it! I mean, System32 files are pretty important. (And don't you just want to waste your computer and get this fantastic paperweight by deleting system32 and barely being able to turn it on again!!!????) If you are deleting it to get disk space...bad idea. If you are deleteting it to get rid of an infected virus, get an antivirus. Or make your own, if you know how. (All you need to know is what string is infecting it and then just replace it with ""). Oh yeah, DON'T DELETE EXPLORER.EXE OR SVCHOST.EXE! You'll be sad. Forever. Hopefully!(heh heh)

    (Did you know that I am not even a teenager yet?)

    itsmeue, Jul 2, 2011