How can I change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Naci, Mar 6, 2004.

  1. Naci

    Naci Guest

    How can I change the application's trust level in the
    configuration file.
    Hi,

    I am using COM component with the ASP.NET application.
    When I run the application, I get the following error
    message. The application attempted to perform an operation
    not allowed by the security policy. To grant this
    application the required permission please contact your
    system administrator or change the application's trust
    level in the configuration file.

    Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException:
    Permission denied

    How can I give permission? I tried Microsoft .NET
    Framework 1.1 Wizards and no result

    Thanks,
    Naci

    Naci, Mar 6, 2004

  2. Naci

    fleimeris Guest

    go to control panel->administrative tools and launch component services.
    find your com component, right click and choose properties. than in security
    tab add asp.net account to launch permissions. hope that works

    fleimeris, Mar 6, 2004