    How can I best learn about monitor calibration and color management in
    general?

    Are there any particularly authoritative sites about this?

    Chris, Apr 28, 2004

  2. Chris

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: Chris
    Lots of good sites, but most assume you have Photoshop. Here are some starting
    points.

    http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/13605.html
    http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/2440.html
    http://www.monacosys.com/classroom/index.html
    http://www.computer-darkroom.com/home.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/color/icmwp.mspx
    http://www.normankoren.com/color_management_3.html

    The best book on this I've seen is "Real World Color Management" by Fraser,
    Bunting, Murphy.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Apr 28, 2004

  3. There are also sites for Paint Shop Pro. The one I use most often is
    www.campratty.com. It has a procedure to match monitor and printer.

    Marvin Margoshes, Apr 29, 2004
  4. Chris

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: "Marvin Margoshes"
    Unfortunately PSP doesn't have very good ICM color management support, limited
    to sRGB as a working space.

    Bill Hilton, Apr 29, 2004