How big can these cacti grow?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Brian, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. Brian

    Brian Guest

    My friend remembered my favorite kind of plant, and got me some for my
    birthday... mini cacti! I consider cactus to be the best flower type plant
    for guys.

    Until I get my nice new digital camera tomorrow, I am strickened with these
    webcam shots. I have these six cacti and succulents; the ceramic pots are
    only two inches high, with 5 out of the 6 plants extending 2 inches above
    the top of the pot.

    How large could I expect these to last and grow? Are they simply a short
    term gift idea, or do they have potential to grow? The directions give
    caring instructions for the long term (fertalizing every 4-6 weeks april
    thru september, and remain dormant nov thru feb.).

    Anone have any insight on these? Can I expect to keep them for a while if
    cared for?
    Brian
    http://www.livefromhawaii.com/cact1.jpg
    http://www.livefromhawaii.com/cact2.jpg

    Brian, Apr 8, 2004

  2. Brian

    moses Guest

    The two front, from the left, can grow to huge size, at least from my
    perception.
    The front, left is either a immature yucca or agave. The other is either a
    barrel
    or saguaro.
    All are chosen for growing cactus plants for sale such as this because they
    are almost foolproof for growers. These plants will grow almost anywhere
    with
    normal care. I cannot identify the others. Do not overwater!

    moses, Apr 8, 2004

  3. Brian

    Eugene Solot Guest

    The one on the left might grow rather large. The one in the middle should
    remain fairly small and the one on the right looks like a succulent probably
    a jade plant which can grow very large over a period of many years.

    Eugene Solot, Apr 8, 2004
  4. Brian

    Sano Guest

    They look nice. But "for guys"?
    Shiate, I've killed the best of them.

    Are those two inch pots btw?
    Overwatering *is* the prime demise of cacti and succulents.

    If that is a jade (farthest right in the pic), I've seen 4 and 5 foot
    specimens. But it looks more like a Kalanchoe <sp>

    The closest one, if the spikes aren't razor sharp and dry looks like an
    aloe. With proper sun they can look great.

    Sano, Apr 8, 2004
  5. Brian

    gruffydd Guest

    not cacti, they are triffids