    Wondered if there was a practical limit on any OE folders maximum size.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Aug 11, 2006

  2. PeeCee

    Rod Speed Guest

    Nope. And it obviously depends more on the number of messages than total size.

    Rod Speed, Aug 11, 2006

  3. PeeCee

    Mike Easter Guest

    The 'practical' advice is to not push OE at all. It is known to be a
    very weak db database which is prone to be easily corrupted.

    One of the real gurus in OE, namely Tom Koch, advises to not press OE in
    terms of actions which might lead to dbx file corruption.

    It would be useful to be familiar with everything at his site
    http://www.insideoe.com/ Help, tips, FAQs and technical information to
    help you use, understand, and repair Microsoft Outlook Express for
    Windows

    Mike Easter, Aug 11, 2006
  4. PeeCee

    Ron Martell Guest

    No practical limit that I am aware of but "the bigger they are the
    harder they fall". Also if the drive is FAT32 then there may be
    issues at or near 2 gb in size.

    I am frequently called in to rescue emails from corrupted folders that
    are hundred of megabytes in size.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    has never been in bed with a mosquito."

    Ron Martell, Aug 11, 2006
  5. PeeCee

    Deano Guest

    Absolutely correct. I've lost email a number of times from OE so I don't
    use it for that now. I'm sure there must be a stated limit because there
    certainly was with Outlook 2000 (about 2GB for a pst file I believe).

    I prefer, for my sins, Gmail because it has so much useful functionality.

    Deano, Aug 11, 2006
  6. Howdy!

    Per folder as viewed within OE? Yep. 2 Gig.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Aug 13, 2006