    0
    Cloverfield - The Blender of "Godzilla" and "The Blair Witch Project"

    [​IMG]

    serena z, Jan 25, 2008

  2. serena z

    serena z

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Starring: Michael Stahl-David, Lizzy Caplan and T.J. Miller
    Directed by: Matt Reeves
    Creator: JJ Abrams
    Rated: PG-13 (violence, terror, disturbing images)
    Synopsis: After a short, videotaped party scene shot from an amateur’s video camera, a huge explosion breaking out across the steel towers of Gotham. A crew of yuppies in the going-away party is forced by the building-quake and running into the street, and found the debris that was seen crashing on the street is the head of Lady Liberty, or just the left of it……

    Horrible! Terribly Horrible! Absolutely hysteric and panicking! That’s what I thought on the top of my mind, whilst I got out off the theater. I found I cannot stop saying “Holy Shit” during the whole watching, and I thought I was really "one of them" trying to get my butt away from this...God-knows-what. As a longtime moviegoer, I was never being in exceedingly awe thru the whole playing, even still about an hour after watching it.

    IMO, which is a movie showing a tragic disaster like in the “9/11”, which wasn’t manmade but spoiled by a “Godzilla” monster, via the handheld camcorder footage borrowing the Point Of View from “The Blair Witch Project”.

    But, this movie is a distinctive shooting in “Blair Witch” of monster-eats-the-city genre. I seriously enjoyed this movie a good bit because it mixed from Sci-fi, Horrible and P.O.V films, and it did well. It is quite worthy to pay the $6.50 admission price.

    What I liked mostly is how straight and real these characters played. It seems like you are watching a regular video about a guy and a girl and their buddies while an eerie thing was suddenly happening, but the video footage keeps on. There is no buildup, no false lead, and no true Hero character. With nothing regarding the monster and the attack, the movie never tells anything to the characters, and us neither. They're just some NYC twenties caught in the moment, and saying “OMG! WTF is that??!!!” as the kind of ppl I’d hang out with.

    Of course, another spark should be mentioned is the creepy and mysterious atmosphere rendering, where we can all fill our own imaginations in. On the other hand, also the mysterious and cryptical figure of the monster I hold against the movie, coz the curiosity of wondering what exactly the monster is did grab my attention into the intense scene, but there’s no accurate result for it till the end.

    serena z, Jan 30, 2008