    Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

    "It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
    It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

    Alasdair Baxter, Nov 26, 2003

  2. On my system, hover text disappears automatically after about 5
    You don't say what system you are running. In XP the 'tool tips' stay
    indefinitely. This feature can be switched on or off using a freeware
    program called Xteq, but the duration cannot be altered. Download Xteq from

    http://www.xteq.com/products/

    and try it with your system. Look in the 'interface' options

    HTH

    Impartial advice, Nov 26, 2003

  3. I'm running Windows 2000.

    Alasdair Baxter, Nov 26, 2003
  4. In
    Xteq will work with that

    Impartial advice, Nov 26, 2003
  5. I went on to the Xteq site and there are many programs available to
    download. There are:

    Xteq X-Setup
    Xteq X-Setup SDK
    Xteq GetDriveType
    Xteq Explorer LaunchPad
    Xteq GetOSVersion
    Xteq URL Bandit
    Xteq PackX
    Xteq COM Register Extension
    Xteq X-Shooter
    Xteq RAM Alloc
    Xteq X-Find
    Xteq Helpy
    Xteq Helpy Source
    Xteq CSS Context Menu

    Which one do I need to achieve what I want?

    Alasdair Baxter, Nov 26, 2003
  6. Alasdair Baxter

    Boomer Guest

    The ultimate tool for Black Belt system tuning
    Easily create your own plug-ins and wizards for X-Setup
    Determine the type of a drive in batch files
    Makes using the Explorer comfortable and easy
    Determine the OS Version in batch files
    Grab URLs from the clipboard fast and easily
    The perfect component package for VB
    Use REGSVR32 without a command line
    The easiest way to waste your memory
    Find what you are looking for fast
    [snip]
    Which description fits what you want the program to do?

    Boomer, Nov 26, 2003
  7. Which one do I need to achieve what I want?

    You need Xteq setup.
    From the intro screen choose 'default ui power users'

    Choose 'Appearance' then 'interface' then 'tool tips/balloon tips' then
    'tool tips'
    Under XP all I get are on and off. See what you get

    Impartial advice, Nov 26, 2003
  8. Alasdair Baxter

    Boomer Guest

    Why tell me?

    Please reply to the person who asked the question.

    Highlight the person's message you wish to reply to.
    Right click. Click on "Reply Group" icon.

    Thanks.

    Boomer, Nov 26, 2003
  9. You need Xteq setup.
    From the intro screen choose 'default ui power users'

    Impartial advice, Nov 26, 2003
  10. Don't be so patronising. I made a mistake. It happens. Get over it.

    Impartial advice, Nov 26, 2003
  11. Alasdair Baxter

    Trevor Smith Guest

    Alternatively, take a speed reading course?

    Trevor Smith, Nov 26, 2003
  12. Alasdair Baxter

    trout Guest

    Speaking of which; you're using a valid domain as a munge:
    Registrant:
    @TheMoment, Inc. (THEMOMENT-DOM)
    98 East Fourth Avenue
    San Mateo, CA 94401
    US

    Domain Name: THEMOMENT.COM

    trout, Nov 27, 2003
  13. Speaking of which; you're using a valid domain as a munge:
    I hope that one day you'll be tempted to contribute something interesting or
    worthwhile to this ng

    Impartial advice, Nov 27, 2003
  14. Alasdair Baxter

    trout Guest

    The people that *own* the domain name, that are getting spammed due
    to your use of it in Usenet, would no doubt find the subject
    interesting, and a mention of it worthwhile.
    As for posting histories; I'll get back to you for a comparison when
    you have one.

    trout, Nov 27, 2003