housing for any of the following digital compact cameras?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by marmagi, May 11, 2005.

  1. marmagi

    marmagi Guest

    Hello,

    I tried in many websites and in the newsgroups but I cant seem to find
    if there are uw housing available for the following cameras:

    I am looking for a compact small and light digital camera.

    I have choosen the following ones but it seams none have underwater
    housig available, do you know otherwise if the uw housing is available
    for any of the following cameras:

    sony cybershot DSC-T7
    T3
    T33
    T11
    DSC-P200
    DSC-S40
    DSC-L1
    DSC-U30

    canon powershot sd400
    sd500
    s500

    casio EX-S3
    EX-Z4
    EX-Z55
    EX-Z57
    EX-s100

    Olympus MJU
    STYLUS VERVE MJU mini-s
    FE-5500

    If you recommend me any other small light digital cameras that have uw
    housing available please tell me.

    What websites are the most furnished with uw housings?

    Any website that offer SONY uw housings? that lists all of them ?

    What is a good website to check availability of uw housing for the
    above cameras or any digital camera whatsoever?

    Please feel free to give me the recommendation of a good SMALL and
    LIGHT digital compact camera with uw housing available.

    Thanks a lot

    Mario

    marmagi, May 11, 2005

  2. marmagi

    Frank ess Guest

    Canon S500; seems to me it is 170 USD or so.

    Frank ess, May 11, 2005

  3. marmagi

    Rudy Benner Guest

    I use a Canon A85 with the Canon WP-DC30 housing. Full access to all
    controls. Works well. Same housing works with A75.
    A85 is perhaps a bit bigger than some of the compacts, it uses 4 AA
    batteries. The plus side of this is long battery life, less opening of the
    housing between dives. Less chance of a whoops, my camera is flooded. I used
    a 1 gig card with it. Backup to CD every day.

    Rudy Benner, May 11, 2005
  4. marmagi

    John Tucker Guest

    Rudy,

    Would you be willing to share some of your underwater images for us to see?

    John Tucker, May 11, 2005
  5. I am in England and have a Canon Ixus 400, and a Canon WP DC800 housing.
    The housing fits an Ixus 500 aswell. Not sure how this translates to the
    US, or wherever you are?

    Richard Faulkner, May 11, 2005
  6. marmagi

    Dan Bracuk Guest

    pounded away at his keyboard resulting in:

    :Hello,
    :
    :I tried in many websites and in the newsgroups but I cant seem to find
    :if there are uw housing available for the following cameras:
    :
    :I am looking for a compact small and light digital camera.

    Did you try a camera store?

    If you can't find a housing for the cameras on your list, and a
    housing is important, add more cameras to your list, ones that have
    housings.

    I have a Sony DSC-P73 which might not be as small as the cameras on
    your list, but it ain't exactly huge either.

    It all depends on what is really important to you.

    Dan Bracuk
    If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.

    Dan Bracuk, May 11, 2005
  7. marmagi

    Rudy Benner Guest

    Perhaps. Email me direct with a real email address.

    Rudy Benner, May 11, 2005
  8. Did you try:

    http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/1digital.html

    which would've been easy to find with Google...

    Allodoxaphobia, May 12, 2005
  9. marmagi

    John Tucker Guest

    "Perhaps?" It doesn't really sound like you want to share. No problem. I
    just enjoy seeing what other people are accomplishing.

    My address is real - just remove the REMOVEs.

    John Tucker, May 12, 2005
  10. marmagi

    Rudy Benner Guest

    My email address doesn't require any removals.

    Rudy Benner, May 12, 2005
  11. marmagi

    John Tucker Guest

    There is a good reason mine does. It helps prevent the email harvesters and
    spidering programs from grabbing up my address and dumping it into a
    database for selling or spamming. It isn't perfect protection, but it helps
    and is quite common.

    John Tucker, May 12, 2005
  12. marmagi

    Rudy Benner Guest

    Since its my own domain, I can generate email addresses at will. Anything
    coming to this address is automatically assumed to be spam, I act
    accordingly. So far, it has not proven to be a problem at all.

    Rudy Benner, May 12, 2005
  13. marmagi

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Why don't you get a Sony DSC-U60 on ebay. It's already waterproof,
    very cute camera, too bad it's discontinued.

    Paul Rubin, May 12, 2005
  14. marmagi

    Dr. Yak Guest

    Dr. Yak, May 13, 2005
  15. marmagi

    Dr. Yak Guest

    Paul,
    Also the max depth is 5 feet.

    Dr. Yak, May 13, 2005
  16. marmagi

    Sheldon Guest

    I know there are underwater housings available for some of the Pentax Optio
    cameras. And, they are "very" small and light.

    Sheldon, May 15, 2005