    So this way I could use my XP machine as a hotspot?

    Thanks in advange.
    -r-o-e-v-k-a-

    Guest, Feb 24, 2005

  2. Guest

    DLink Guru Guest

    You would want to connect a wireless Router/AP to your system instead of the
    wireless client if you want people to access your Hot Spot wirelessly to
    start with.......

    DLink Guru, Feb 25, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for the answer. I know I can use an AP/Router. I was just wondering
    if I could without and let XP act as a Router instead.
    De wireless NIC will pick up different users, A piece of software will the
    autorisation part so I can control the gateway (wired nic) with
    username/password.

    -r-o-e-v-k-a-

    Guest, Feb 25, 2005
  4. Guest

    DLink Guru Guest

    A wireless NIC, or client, will not allow other users to log into your
    system to share your internet without alot of user intervention setting up
    IP, Subnet, gateway addresses in ad hoc mode on all clients that want to
    access your computer.

    It would be alot easier to use a Router/AP for client DHCP Handling and
    Internet sharing.

    Robert...

    DLink Guru, Feb 26, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks again....
    But the question is and was is it possible....
    When I use a router I can't control the access as I want.
    I discovered I need something like a radius server.
    Someone here familiar with that?

    Grtz,
    -r-o-e-v-k-a-

    Guest, Feb 26, 2005