    downloading it to her OE account, is there any way for Microsoft to trace
    that - ie what IP it's being downloaded to? She, as far as I know, hasn't
    SENT any mail from my accounts so can't prove it from that.

    Stef, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Stef

    Jerry G. Guest

    If you change the password, there is no way someone else can download or
    view it. At the same time, change your real (reference) address in your
    Hotmail user profiles. Also change our ISP passwords. You will have to take
    a new email address, or use a different one in Hotmail as your user
    reference address, as I just stated. If someone has the reference address,
    they can get the new password, by saying they lost the password. They can
    then POP the reply back to them as if they were the legitimate user. This
    is why you have to do all of this.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry G.

    I'm pretty certain that my ex partner is accessing my email, both hotmail
    and freeserve, despite me changing the password regularly. If she is

    Jerry G., Dec 2, 2003

  3. Stef

    derek / nul Guest

    If you have changed you password, she can't be accessing you email.

    derek / nul, Dec 3, 2003
  4. Stef

    anna keynow Guest

    Well, that's not completely true.
    Ex-partners often have a way of working out either the password or,
    the correct answer to questions to gain a password.

    To the original poster (OP), I suggest you change your password to
    something that she couldn't possibly guess. Furthermore, change your
    question&answer that is asked, should you forget your password.
    Give this some serious thought. For example, if your question is
    "pets name", instead of answering with the name of your cat, make up a
    phrase of random numbers and letters. So, instead of the answer being
    "pussykat", change it too "4xcyd838". Obviously you have to memorise
    the answers. If you don't allow the "ex" back into your home then,
    write the relevant info down somewhere. Obviously you won't write
    'this is my secret question' and 'this is my password', etc.,.
    Just be creative.
    If your "ex" really can access your account then these measures should
    resolve the problem. Otherwise, there is more going on and you may
    have to question your relationship with the CIA/FBI/NSA/ATF or whoever
    it is that is watching you. That or, your mental health may be an
    issue. <g>
    -+Anna+-

    anna keynow, Dec 3, 2003
  5. Stef