    Any chance this is available, but undocumented? Or some other way
    to do it?

    Thanks!

    Hiram R. Shadrasky, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Hiram R. Shadrasky

    ho alexandre Guest

    for GIF images, you can tune that in the preferences window.
    For FLASH animations, there is an extension that blocks all Flash
    animations unless you click on them. Check http://www.mozdev.org/ .

    ho alexandre, Sep 25, 2003

  3. Edit>>Preferences>>Privacy and Security>>Images>>Animated images hould loop

    I select once, just so I can see an animated gif is there. Then it
    stops bothering me. You can also set it to Never.

    If that is not what you are looking for, install the Nuke image
    extension. You right click on the annoying image, and select Remove
    this Image from the context menu. Poof, its gone. Of course, if you
    reload the page, you will have to nuke the image again.

    http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/

    At the same site, you can install the Flash Click to View extension.
    All flash images will be wiped out, replaces by a white box on which you
    can click if you want to see it, for example when some web designer gets
    the misguided idea that flash nav menus are a good idea. ;) Its one of
    my must have extensions.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 26, 2003
  4. Doesn't work.

    There's a particularly annoying banner ad at www.unitedmedia.com
    featuring a face moving left and right in front of a flashing blue
    background -- the user is supposed to click on the face to "pin" a
    moustache on it. With looping set to once, the moustache has
    disappeared but the remainder stays -- and the most annoying thing
    about it is the flashing.

    God, but this ticks me off.
    Thanks, I'll try that. I'll also give Mozilla some feedback
    -- maybe others are asking for the ESC capability to be brought
    back.
    Bonus! Thanks again.

    Hiram R. Shadrasky, Sep 26, 2003