HotKey Keyboard - Invalid Pointer Ops

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Daniel, Dec 5, 2004.

  1. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Hi AGAIN :) I have tried all the tips that should have solved my problem,
    have used two different spyware removal programs - SpyBot and Adaware - and
    even contacted eMachines with no solution to the problem. Here it is
    again.....
    Just recently on my Windows XP machine (2.4 Gig eMachine model W4065) I have
    had a window keep popping up after Windows XP loads. Nothing happens to my
    system other than the window showing up - no problem running programs nor
    any problems with my keyboard. The message on top of the window says HOTKEY
    KEYBOARD and right below that it says - INVALID POINTER OPERATION - with a
    OK box to close the window.

    I did e-mail eMachines about the problem, and they did sent me a solution,
    but it did not work. Basically it was a go into Safe Mode and then uninstall
    the key board - reboot and the system and Windows would install a new
    driver.

    Anyway, Thanks.

    Dan

    Daniel, Dec 5, 2004