Hotfixes for a 64-bit system running a 32-bit web application

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by jm139, Jul 2, 2007.

  1. jm139

    jm139 Guest

    Hello,

    I have a Intel 64-bit box that is housing a 32-bit web application.
    In order to make the app work correctly we had to switch IIS to run in
    32-bit mode, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894435. My question
    is now that I need to install an "optional" ASP.net hotfix, which
    version do i apply? There are four possibilities:
    intl_i386_zip.exe
    intl_x64_zip.exe
    intl_ia64_zip.exe
    intl_i386_zip.exe
    Now the options distinguish between the hardware. Does the x64
    option, which is the one that matches my hardware, except to have IIS
    running in 64-bit mode? If i apply it my box which has IIS running in
    32-bit mode, will that kill my application? The box is public right
    now, so i do not have the luxury of applying it and observing what
    happens.

    Thanks!

    jm139, Jul 2, 2007

  2. Install the one for your hardware. (and the ones that aren't for your
    hardware shouldn't install regardless.)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 2, 2007