    Guest Guest

    Hah, nice job there.

    You should of entered your Hotmail account email- they come instantly.

    Guest, Jun 8, 2006

  2. Do you have a 'Passport Account'? Honestly, this sort of creativity from big
    companies usually doesn't impress me, but I have to give-it-to'em, it seems
    nonintrusive and it is making things work quite smoothly in your contact
    with MS. I had my confirmation within seconds.

    Although, apparently it doesn't warrant that byte sizes are reported
    correctly.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 8, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Looks like the servers are jammed up now,
    "Thankyou for your interest in windows Vista Beta 2, we are currently
    experiencing a high level of demand.......... etc etc"
    Just have to keep checking I guess, perhaps they will settle down after a
    few days!
    In the meantime, I'll start preparing my box to run it, why is this
    soooooooo much bigger than XP Pro 64, I know there are more features etc, but
    gee whizz a 4.4GB download compared to.......... what was it again, 500 and
    something MB?
    Cheers and enjoy.

    Guest, Jun 8, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I've been hammering away at that page to get past it but it's still the same,
    however certain other webistes for filedown loading have got the target path
    listed - at the moment i have it downloading with no hang ups or drop outs
    what so ever and at the top rate i can achieve - server verrifys that it's
    direct from the mircorsoft download rather than a mirror

    Guest, Jun 8, 2006
  5. separate isos for x64 and 32bit

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 8, 2006
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have just made up a new TLA (Three Letter Acronym).
    "HOT" as in "Hot Off Topic".
    Like it?
    Carlos :)

    Guest, Jun 8, 2006
  7. Yes, I finally managed to haul in both - with filesizes that is making sens!
    I will start out with the 32bit and am in the process of removing external
    stuff from that machine. I bought myself a TV Tuner Card today and have
    decided to install the OS first. That will be added to an existing Win2K
    installation as dual-boot.

    The 64bit, has me hesitating, though. That machine is running off a Sata
    Raid driven by an SiS Chipset. I cannot find anything marked Vista on their
    site - if I run the installation from within XP x64, is there a chance that
    it will see that Raid, do you think? SiS is having separate drivers for XP
    x64 and Server 2003 x64, is that significant? I have a 70 Gig partition
    reserved that would fit nicely there. Or I will just give it a dedicated
    drive on it's own.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 8, 2006
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Care to share what site you are using?

    Guest, Jun 8, 2006
  9. Guest

    Guest Guest

    go to www.betanews.com for the direct download links for x32 and x64...
    -Alex-

    Guest, Jun 8, 2006
  10. Guest

    jabloomf1230 Guest

    I was able to D/L the x64 version, and it was the right file size
    (4.5GB) but Nero said the file size was incorrect, so I'm just going to
    wait a bit until things calm down. I hope that Vista runs better than
    the Microsoft download process is working. ;-)

    jabloomf1230, Jun 9, 2006
  11. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I tried the betanews site, but when it starts dowenloading it says access
    denied, and then points me to the microsoft Getting Started with Vista web
    site, which is really just like getting on a merry-go-round.
    The other links I have tried are still "jammed" up. Just have to be patient
    I guess.

    Guest, Jun 9, 2006
  12. Guest

    Graham Guest

    Yup, I'll buy it!

    Graham.

    Graham, Jun 9, 2006
  13. You'll know right away if there's an issue. When it shows you the screen
    with your hard drives it will ask you where to install it. If your SATA
    isn't recognized, that drive won't be visible. You'll even have a chance to
    offer it drivers. Don't bother if they aren't signed drivers - they won't
    work. If they are signed, they should work.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 9, 2006
  14. Alright - I think I am getting the hang of this now, it's amazing how
    dependent we mere humans are as to how things are looking, as long as it is
    recognizeable there is no or little problem, but change or re-order
    something that is well known and you are pretty much lost.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 9, 2006
  15. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jun 9, 2006
  16. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have the email with the product key and links to download but like you
    mentioned, from the download page once I choose the edition all I get is the
    Access Denied msg. same msg with both 64 and 32. When I dont get denied I get
    the busy msg. I ordered the cd. Like you said it access denied points to to
    the microsoft Getting Started with Vista web site, which is really just like
    getting on a merry-go-round sooner or later it brings you back the same
    download page to start again.

    Guest, Jun 9, 2006
  17. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I can download other stuff from the betanews fileforum site, I have also
    tried Firefox (just in case there's an issue with IE 7) however, I got
    exactly the same results, all access denied, or the busy message.
    If I was German, or Japanese it would be okay, those links seem to work okay
    and I dont get the busy message from them.
    Oh well, just have to keep trying I guess.

    Guest, Jun 9, 2006
  18. Guest

    Guest Guest

    at least you guys are getting something
    for the last 3 days all I have gotten is

    Thank you for your interest in Windows Vista Beta 2.

    We are currently experiencing a high level of demand and cannot process your
    request at this time.

    Please check back later for availability. We apologize for any inconvenience.

    Yesh and I have a product key ready to roll

    Guest, Jun 9, 2006
  19. Guest

    Guest Guest

    At least you guys got something, Here I have been getting this for the last
    three days
    Thank you for your interest in Windows Vista Beta 2.

    We are currently experiencing a high level of demand and cannot process your
    request at this time.

    Please check back later for availability. We apologize for any inconvenience.

    At least I have a product key

    Guest, Jun 9, 2006
  20. Guest

    LDJ Guest

    Hello Jonathan!
    I have no problems when downloading the 64bit version from here:
    http://download.windowsvista.com/dl...nmain_beta2_x64fre_client-LB2CxFRE_EN_DVD.iso

    The 32bit version should be here: (I haven't tried to dl the 32bit
    version though)
    http://download.windowsvista.com/dl...inmain_beta2_x86fre_client-LB2CFRE_EN_DVD.iso

    I'm using Free Download Manager 2.0 which can be downloaded here:
    http://www.freedownloadmanager.org

    I use Firefox as my default web browser, with WinXP64

    LDJ, Jun 9, 2006