    Yep, they are indeed what you think ;)

    Only trouble is, we will still need cd keys and will have to wait for our
    emails telling us that the CPP is available!!

    Jane Colman, Jun 8, 2006

  3. Yeah, but given the time the download will take, you might as well start
    now.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 8, 2006
  4. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 8, 2006
  5. How right you are, I just completed my D/L (10 min), wonder how that figure
    would look in the morning? Let's see if it'll burn too.

    So, they do come as separate ISO's, that's specific to the Beta version,
    then?

    Thanks Carlos et Charlie!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 8, 2006
  6. It works - got the key, but the download was only 420.837 KB - there's
    something fishy!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 8, 2006
  7. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    If thats all you got in 10 min, you probably should order by mail. Faster
    :) I am

    John Barnes, Jun 8, 2006
  8. You have to utilize a " download manager ". It has been a real snafu over
    the past couple hours. I have attempted the download four (4) different
    times and actually attained 17% on one attempt. Pop-up messages keep
    appearing about different
    problems during each download attempt and the file transfer fails. Looks
    like a real bear until they straighten everything out.
    Might be better off ordering the DVDs. They may come faster than the
    download ! Cheers ... John.

    Administrator\\jhafele, Jun 8, 2006
  9. Well, I thought I'd check the 32bit download and that was only 310MB and
    this is the size that is listed. I realize compression has come a long way
    but that doesn't explain why they make us waste a DVD - heck, that would fit
    on a USB flash drive. ?:)0o

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 8, 2006
  10. Yes, thanks - I am running LeechGet and it is coming through but it has been
    slow for the past hour, but it seems the size that land here is roughly the
    same as the one that is sent (actual data + size on disk)

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 8, 2006
  11. Guest

    Jane C Guest

    Thank you for participating in the Microsoft Windows Vista Customer Preview
    Program.

    You have received the maximum number of Product Keys available for this
    program.
    Note: Windows Vista Beta 2 can be installed and activated on up to 10 PCs
    using with one Product Key.

    That's what I got.......but have NOT received the email?????

    Jane C, Jun 8, 2006
  12. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 8, 2006
  13. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 8, 2006
  14. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I cant get them, the just stop and say done or dont work at all, not even the
    DL manager!!! HELP

    Guest, Jun 8, 2006
  15. According to the Akamai DL manager, it's 3.13 GB for the x86 English and
    4.01 GB for the x64 English. I'm looking at it right now.

    Larry

    Lawrence E. Oliver, Jun 8, 2006
  16. Is it a herald file? It may inspect your hardware and then begin the real
    download.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 8, 2006
  17. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 8, 2006
  18. Guest

    Graham Guest

    Shouldn't the subject have been: OT - Vista beta 2 download servers ready?

    Graham.

    Graham, Jun 8, 2006
  19. I've seen this before, and sometimes that is the answer, or it downloads the
    script that points to the file, but then it wouldn't be an ISO would it?

    No, Im gonna put on my zootsuit and my raybans and print a sign that say's
    Project Manager and put it on the door to the office (which is also my
    bedroom) and I will look very serious and fire up Nero and burn that mother
    anyway!!!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 8, 2006
  20. Well, well, well - my little diversion didn't work either. Now I have
    clicked the akamai link and this one is reporting a size that looks
    promising (4.01GB) and it is spinning happily away at 300 - 500 KB/s.

    That other link - IE reports 13.7MB and my download manager reports 410MB
    and Nero reports the block size to be incompatible and asks for a CD!

    Guess I will die quizzing this.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 8, 2006