    to a public area which supposedly has a free hot spot but cannot see it on
    my laptop.

    Thanks B.W.

    B.W., Jan 16, 2008

  2. B.W.

    Ken Triebold Guest

    Ken Triebold, Jan 16, 2008

  3. It seems to the Vista doesn't talk to the router's DHCP. Post back with the
    result of ipconfig /all may help.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Jan 16, 2008
  4. Hi
    Is your Wireless works OK at home, friend, or any other environment that you
    can control.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 16, 2008
  5. B.W.

    B.W. Guest

    Thanks everyone for your help, I am running Windows XP home still, but it
    seems I have a lot of reading up to do first before I test out again.

    Thanks all

    B.W., Jan 17, 2008