    With that question out of the way I will leave you in peace for a while,
    but many thanks to those who have already replied to earlier questions.

    L3K

    linker3000, May 21, 2006

  2. linker3000

    Paul Cupis Guest

    "plain old 8Mbit/488Kb broadband"? LOL
    Most colocation providers should be suitable - I don't know of any who's
    service would be inappropriate for hosting an asterisk PBX. Do you have
    any specific requirements which would make a company more or less
    "asterisk friendly" ?

    The only thing I can think of would be reliability/update/support (not
    specific to asterisk) and connectivity to other networks
    (upstreams/clients) to minimise latency?

    Paul Cupis, May 21, 2006

  3. And of course bandwidth costs.

    The last time I looked, the cheapest hosted service (bandwidth-wise) was
    the reg-123 one (which it looks like they've finally renamed, seemed a
    bit silly calling it Linux 2000 etc. when the servers were running FreeBSD.

    I've no idea how good the service is like (never used them).

    Thomas Kenyon, May 21, 2006
  4. are you running any specific / custom software on your asterisk system,
    or is it all 'standard' stuff? - because if so, a hosted PBX would be
    cheaper.

    That said, Loud-n-clear (www.lnc.net) and NCUK (www.ncuk.com) both do
    colo and are very well connected to a company like mine, for the
    asterisk bit.

    cheers
    peter

    Peter Gradwell, May 23, 2006