    IOS: Catalyst 4000 L3 Switch Software (cat4000-I9S-M), Version
    12.2(20)EW, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

    Flamer.

    Guest, Sep 18, 2008

  2. Guest

    Nicolai Guest

    Hi on a cisco 4507 of mine I am getting a lot of these messages:
    I had the same on a 4948 - source was a faulty etherchannel to a SUN server.
    (The SUN server announced same mac on the etherchannel and on other nic
    ports)

    Nicolai, Sep 18, 2008

  3. Guest

    droidcrasher

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Sticky MAC

    If for any reason, you put a port-security setting on a port, and secured it through the MAC, and later moved that machine to another port of the same switch...
    Then your problem may be there...

    As the switch sees the same MAC on two different ports of the same switch, since it is still recorded on the old port (sticky)...and it now sees in on the new one.

    Answer is:

    In global config:
    clear port sticky
    That'll clear all sticky MACs on that switch (if you can't fathom on which port it was!)

    or

    clear port sticky interface (g0/1....for exemple)
    if you know on which port that MAC used to be.

    show run interface
    should show you the recorded MAC on the port.

    Sorry for being late...lol
    I just became a member! :congrats:
    Figured it might help others in the future! :trytofly:

    droidcrasher, Sep 2, 2011