    John Navas Guest

    Non-believers who don't celebrate Easter are going straight to hell
    and you can take that to the bank.

    John Navas, Apr 12, 2004

  2. John Navas

    Tiger Guest

    (John Navas) wrote in
    And you'll receive from the bank exactly what such a statement is
    worth: nothing.

    Tiger, Apr 12, 2004

  3. John Navas

    Gomez Addams Guest

    Easter has nothing to do with going to hell. It's the non-believer part
    that gets them in hot water, er, sulfur!

    Gomez Addams, Apr 12, 2004
  4. Last thing I saw from John was:

    From: John Navas <>

    So, one could doubt that the John Navas who posts often here was the real
    poster in this case? If you post often enough here, it seems that someone
    will eventually alias your ID (in an attempt to ?).

    Charles Schuler, Apr 12, 2004
  5. John Navas

    Woden Guest

    Like we're really worried about your boogyman.

    --

    Woden

    "religion is a socio-political institution for the control of
    people's thoughts, lives, and actions; based on
    ancient myths and superstitions perpetrated through
    generations of subtle yet pervasive brainwashing."

    Woden, Apr 12, 2004
  6. John Navas

    Jim07D4 Guest

    piggybacking:
    They be hoppin' down that bunny trail to hell.

    Jim07D4

    Jim07D4, Apr 12, 2004
  7. John Navas

    raven1 Guest

    If your God wants me to believe in him and is omniscient, he knows
    that I would have to be provided with a *rational* reason to do so.
    That he fails to provide one indicates one of a few possibilities:

    1) He doesn't want me to believe in him,

    2) He is indifferent to whether or not I believe in him,

    3) He is unable to do so, in which case he is not omnipotent,

    4) He is unaware that I would need such a reason, in which case he is
    not omniscient, or,

    5) He simply doesn't exist.

    Frankly, I'm not worried, regardless of which the answer is. (Hint: as
    a non-believer, my money is on #5).

    raven1, Apr 12, 2004
  8. John Navas

    Silver Blaze Guest

    WHAT A WANKER

    Silver Blaze, Apr 12, 2004
  9. John Navas

    John Baker Guest

    Thanks for the offer, but I'd prefer a check.

    John Baker, Apr 13, 2004
  10. John Navas

    Tiger Guest

    Cashier's check, that is.

    Tiger, Apr 13, 2004
  11. John Navas

    zamboni30000 Guest

    Everyone, please excuse me for a few moments while I bask in the love
    that is, what we know as, christianity.

    I'm having a moment here. Jesus would be so proud of his followers.
    Too bad there's no reason for anyone to believe there was ever such a
    person.

    Just wondering...what about believers who don't celebrate Easter and
    for that matter what about believers who call Easter "Easter" which
    is, as we all know, a pagan fertility celebration complete with eggs
    and bunnies? We might be on the same bus to hell...oh yeah, I just
    remembered...there's no hell either. I'm quite capable of behaving
    myself without the threat of eternal damnation...like christians seem
    to require.

    zamboni30000, Apr 13, 2004
  12. John Navas

    Tom Guest

    There is no hell, you ignorant ass.

    Tom, Apr 13, 2004
  13. John Navas

    Doc Smartass Guest

    (John Navas) wrote in
    I'll save a seat for you. Christers wo proselytize go to hell even more
    quickly than anyone else.

    --
    Dr. Smartass
    BAAWA Knight of Heckling -- a.a. #1939

    Q: Why did the chicken cross the Moebius strip?

    A: To get to the other...er, um...
    [seen on a math jokes site]

    Doc Smartass, Apr 13, 2004
  14. Well, the Cayman Islands *are nice...

    --
    Mark K. Bilbo - a.a. #1423
    EAC Department of Linguistic Subversion

    "Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism,
    because it is a merger of State and corporate power."
    - Mussolini

    Mark K. Bilbo, Apr 13, 2004
  15. You went there, too?

    I got a "Hell Fire and Rescue" shirt....couldn't pass that one up, even if
    it *was* a tourist trap.

    -Donald in Austin
    AA #2104

    The_other_Donald, Apr 13, 2004
  16. Non-believers who don't celebrate Ramadan are going straight to hell
    and you can take that to the bank.

    Non-believers who don't celebrate Yom Kippur are going straight to
    hell
    and you can take that to the bank.

    Non-believers who don't celebrate Sarasvati Puja are going straight to
    hell
    and you can take that to the bank.

    Non-believers who don't celebrate Nehan are going straight to hell
    and you can take that to the bank.

    Non-believers who don't celebrate Koshogatsu are going straight to
    hell
    and you can take that to the bank.

    Non-believers who don't celebrate New Year's Day are going straight to
    hell
    and you can take that to the bank.

    Why exactly is easter any different from these religious holidays?

    As it turns out, my religion is the true religion. Pray to the God of
    Physics, or fear his terrible wrath. The things he does to
    non-believers makes your sadistic God look like a charity worker at a
    children's hispital. Not only will he send you to hell for not
    believing in physics, and not only do the fires of hell get hotter
    with time, but they increase nonlinearly by the function k=t^100
    (k=degrees kelvin of hell;t=time in seconds since creation of hell).
    Of course there is a contradiction here, as all of this violates
    physics. But my point is that I would rather place my faith in the
    hands of physics than in one of the thousands of god's to choose from.
    Of course I don't need to place my faith in physics, because I see the
    wonderful works of physics all around. Don't tell me that God put
    physics into motion or is controlling physics, I have a long rebuttal
    for that.

    TheScientificTruth, Apr 13, 2004
  17. John Navas

    BDK Guest

    The pitiful threats from your non existant sky daddy don't scare us
    Gomer.

    BDK

    BDK, Apr 13, 2004
  18. John Navas

    W. Syme Guest

    Yeah, the almighty god is really tough on the hunting of chocolate
    eggs huh. Meanwhile, priests are raping little kids.

    Maybe I'm too stupid for this "religion" stuff.

    Mark K. Bilbo, Apr 13, 2004
  20. John Navas

    phy Guest

    (John Navas) wrote in
    My, my, aren't we full of Christian charity. Since you are so convinced we
    will spend eternity in misery, you could at least be rooting for us to
    enjoy our physical life, yet you don't even want us to have pleasant
    weekends. People like you give Christians a bad name.

    -phy

    phy, Apr 13, 2004