    ATM. However, neither side seems to receive anything from the other side.

    Can anyone with any experiencing linking a cisco to an AFC with ATM
    offer assistance?

    Matt, Jun 14, 2005

  2. Matt

    David West Guest

    Are you using RFC1483 bridging, PPPoA or PPPoE? Did you configure PVCs
    on the ATM link between the router and DSLAM?

    -DW

    David West, Jun 15, 2005

  3. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Yes,
    We are using RFC1483 bridging.. and have configured the PVCs on the ATM
    link.

    Matt, Jun 16, 2005
  4. Matt

    David West Guest

    With bridging you have to set up bridge groups on the router, like:

    bridge irb
    bridge 1 protocol ieee
    int atm1/0.132 <-make a subinterface for each pvc
    pvc 1/32
    encap aal5snap
    bridge-group 1

    int bvi1
    ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0
    ip helper-address ....

    David West, Jun 16, 2005
  5. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Yup got that all setup.. I am sending ATM frames but not receiving any...

    OvalRouter01#show atm vc 4
    ATM1/0.4: VCD: 4, VPI: 11, VCI: 59
    UBR, PeakRate: 1000
    AAL5-LLC/SNAP, etype:0x0, Flags: 0xC20, VCmode: 0x0
    OAM frequency: 0 second(s)
    InARP frequency: 15 minutes(s)
    Transmit priority 4
    InPkts: 0, OutPkts: 17, InBytes: 0, OutBytes: 826
    InPRoc: 0, OutPRoc: 17
    InFast: 0, OutFast: 0, InAS: 0, OutAS: 0
    InPktDrops: 0, OutPktDrops: 0
    CrcErrors: 0, SarTimeOuts: 0, OverSizedSDUs: 0
    OAM cells received: 0
    OAM cells sent: 0

    ATM1/0.4 is up, line protocol is up
    Hardware is ATM T1
    MTU 4470 bytes, BW 1500 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
    reliability 95/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
    Encapsulation ATM
    0 packets input, 0 bytes
    81 packets output, 5463 bytes
    0 OAM cells input, 0 OAM cells output
    AAL5 CRC errors : 0
    AAL5 SAR Timeouts : 0
    AAL5 Oversized SDUs : 0

    If I put OAM management on it
    OvalRouter01#show atm vc 4
    ATM1/0.4: VCD: 4, VPI: 11, VCI: 59
    UBR, PeakRate: 1000
    AAL5-LLC/SNAP, etype:0x0, Flags: 0xC20, VCmode: 0x0
    OAM frequency: 10 second(s)
    InARP frequency: 15 minutes(s)
    Transmit priority 4
    InPkts: 0, OutPkts: 151, InBytes: 0, OutBytes: 9499
    InPRoc: 0, OutPRoc: 144
    InFast: 0, OutFast: 0, InAS: 0, OutAS: 0
    InPktDrops: 0, OutPktDrops: 0
    CrcErrors: 0, SarTimeOuts: 0, OverSizedSDUs: 0
    OAM cells received: 0
    OAM cells sent: 7

    even though there is a modem on it!

    Matt, Jun 16, 2005