    brother is going at christmas and wants to check to see what the
    prices of digital cameras are there compared to here in the UK.

    Thanks

    Stormcrowuk, Aug 30, 2003

  2. Stormcrowuk

    PTRAVEL Guest

    Most of the Hong Kong camera shops are no bargain, and many engage in a lot
    of sleazy practices. Fortress is well-established and reliable but, I
    think, you'll find it's prices are slightly higher than you're used to in
    the UK.

    PTRAVEL, Aug 31, 2003

  3. Stormcrowuk

    dom Guest

    I'm in HK at the moment, haven't been able to find online shops as the
    shops with the best equipment here very seldomly quote prices.

    As with anywhere, go to reputable dealers... A good place to get a
    base proce for what you are looking to get would be from the internet.
    Use that comnined with how much you would spend in your own country as
    reference point.

    when you get to HK you can bargain a bit, but unless the price is
    already marked way up you will not get much cheaper.

    Either way, I recommend Wing Shing Photo Supplies Co. (55-57 Sai Yeun
    Choi Street, Kowloon. They have alll the best gear, great stock and
    average prices. They aren't too polite but they know they are the best
    in town so I uess they can afford to be.

    dom, Aug 31, 2003
  4. Stormcrowuk

    MJ Guest

    I can tell you one price. The Canon 10D - typically around £1250 here.
    About £900 in HK, and the cheapest I saw it - £850. But I wasn't
    looking too hard as I already had one. Add about 22% to the price if
    you anticipate paying import and vat.

    MJ

    MJ, Aug 31, 2003