Homeless as HOTspots

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by bob urz, Mar 13, 2012.

  1. bob urz

    bob urz Guest

  2. Jeff Strickland, Mar 13, 2012

  3. bob urz

    Julie Bove Guest

    Me either.

    Julie Bove, Mar 17, 2012
  4. bob urz

    VanguardLH Guest

    And, of course, we users really want roaming hotspots so we'll never
    know where they are hour by hour and day by day. Forget looking up the
    hotspot at a wifi site. When you find one, it's moving. Are there a
    lot of laptop users in the slums?

    Maybe they figure the really dumb laptop users will roam into those
    areas and suddenly turn up dead after flashing their electronics gear to
    the penniless. Something like proactive reduction of idiot genes.
    Maybe they're working with the Darwin Awards site.

    And, of course, these homeless folk would never think about hocking the
    gear to get some ready cash.

    Maybe the real intent is to give them the equivalent of ankle bracelets.
    If the hotspot doesn't move in 18 hours they figure they know where to
    send the morgue to pickup a corpse.

    VanguardLH, Mar 17, 2012
  5. bob urz

    meagain Guest

    :)

    The real intent is to have them fill in 4G for events, flash mobs,
    conventions, whatever. The wearable access points are cheaper
    and easier to reposition than trucks.

    meagain, Mar 17, 2012