Home VOIP gateway for outgoing calls while I'm on the road.

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Tony Toews, Oct 22, 2005.

  1. Tony Toews

    Tony Toews Guest

    No considerable wrath at all.
    Ohh, I did not know you could configure your caller ID to be whatever you want.
    Actually that could be a bit scary as you could spoof someone's phone number.

    I also did not realize you could get prepaid services with no monthly fees. Very,
    interesting. Got any URLs of such services handy? Heck, that'd be cheaper than my
    current long distance even when I'm at home.

    That does change the equation quite a bit. Especially given Wolfgang's negative
    comments regarding the echo and sound volumes.

    Tony
    --
    Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
    read the entire thread of messages.

    Tony Toews, Nov 3, 2005

  2. Tony Toews

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    I am using Gafachi (www.gafachi.com) which seems to be working well these
    days.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Nov 3, 2005

  3. I use both Gefachi and Teliax (www.teliax.com). They have roughly
    similar plans (no monthly for an outgoing-only account and
    2cents/min.)

    For incoming calls we have two ipkall numbers. The biggest problem
    with those was that our local friends object to making expensive long
    distance calls to call us across town. Thats why I ended up getting
    teliax, just for the local phone number. The trick is to look for
    pay-as-you-go "business" plans.

    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/VOIP+Service+Providers+Business

    One thing I didn't realize when I signed up for an incoming number
    with teliax was that incoming calls cost the same as outgoing. It
    threw me for a bit of a loop at first, but than I realized that
    compared to my total POTS bill it isn't a big enough deal moneywise to
    worry about yet.

    -wolfgang

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, Nov 3, 2005
  4. Tony Toews

    Tony Toews Guest

    And they even take PayPal. Very nice. I will definitely be giving this one a try in
    a day or two.

    Thanks for disagreeing with me. <smile>

    Tony

    Tony Toews, Nov 5, 2005