    home on the other one both with SP1.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestion
    Max

    max, Oct 12, 2004

  2. max

    Guest Guest

    Hi max,
    This could be caused by any firewall application. So what you could do
    check the IP address of both the machines and ping each other.
    If you get replies then try to access the other machine by going to
    Start>Run>then type in \\ip address of the other machine. If you get the
    Windows Explorer with the shared resources of the other machine then this
    shows theres no problem with the network at all.
    If you dont get replies then sure some application is blocking.

    Make sure the WindowsXP Firewall is disabled while trying the above steps as
    it won't allow you to ping the machines.

    Guest, Oct 14, 2004