    Likes Received:
    0
    Okay, so, in my living room is my cable modem and my belkin router, upstairs in my room i will be having my computer and xbox 360 and would like them to have the strongest sign possible, a wired connection would bectough as i would need to wire from the router up the stairs around the hall.etc, if i were to buy a wireless extender, place it close my room and have it connected via ethernet so it gets a full signal from my router and then gives off a wifi signal, which thus decreases the travel of the wifi by more thsn half the distance, is possible and is there a better way?

    Virtueness, Jun 28, 2012

  2. Virtueness

    capofirstfret

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Clarksdale, MS
    You can snag a couple of boxes to provide ethernet over your power lines.

    Search monoprice for "ethernet over power" and you should come up with a solution or two. You can also search several websites for reviews and ideas using the concept.

    I've not used them yet but I've heard of people having great results with them in situations like yours.

    capofirstfret, Jun 30, 2012

  3. Virtueness

    sherly007

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Need help on how to setup a home network please, thanks.?

    Hi :) , well we have 2 computers at home, both are using Windows XP SP2 (and Norton internet security, I don't know whether that matters or not because I think it does), and I want to setup a network for both sharing data and gaming purposes.

    the thing is (things are, whichever is right :)
    1- I cannot afford to pay an expert so I'll have to do it myself.
    2- I don't know how to do it and I have never seen the process before, so I have absolutely no idea about how the whole thing is done, that's why I need your help guys.
    3- I would really appreciate if there is someone patient enough to provide me with a detailed answer :)
    4- one more thing, I'm obsessed with security so I really want to make sure that it would be as safe as possible "if not a 100% safe"
    **************************************
    OK, what I have is :
    1- two computers using windows XP SP2 (and norton internet security)
    2- a four ports router (it connects both computers to the internet, so this is how we conntect to the net, but I don't want the network to be seen on the net, I want it to be private of course while connecting to the net)
    3- two LAN cards of course (one is a PCI and the other is onboard) also cables and stuff
    **************************************
    what I want to do is setup a network secured enough to enable data transfre between the 2 computers and for gaming as well

    thank you very much for your help , and sorry for being too long :)

    sherly007, Aug 30, 2012
  4. Virtueness

    ninjak

    Joined: