Home Networking Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cluster, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Cluster

Cluster

Hello,

I have a lot of questions that I hope maybe someone can answer. Our house has a lot of devices that are connected to the internet I have my computers and my family has their computers as well, not to mention our WDTV Live box's we got.

My idea was to separate the WDTV Live onto their own router with streaming it can slow down the rest of the network of just one router.

I had been told to try a ClearOS Box but i'm limited to what spare parts I have left over and I've already had my fair share of issues with it all week long now. (when it comes to networking, I am at a loss)

I would also like the router with the wdtv's to also share media from a computer we have here at the house but to be able to be accessed from all computers as well. However I think i'm getting into area's that cannot be done.

Friends have told me I need to separate my network into two different subnets 192.168.1.xxx and 192.168.2.xxx and that should solve some issues. Right now everything is on one router and its slow.

Cluster, Sep 19, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question