    how to put this lot onto a local network so that the wireless computer can
    use the printer. Can anyone help me on this or at least point me in the right
    direction? many thanks

    Howard, Feb 7, 2008

  2. Howard

    Barb Bowman Guest

    google search for wireless print server

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Feb 7, 2008

  3. Howard

    Chris H Guest

    Chris H, Feb 7, 2008
  4. Howard

    Howard Guest

    Thanks Barb and Chris, Looks like I have some reading to do.
    The brother MFC is specifically designed for LAN so that bit is
    uncomplicated. (just to stick the wire in the right connecter:). I wish the
    rest was as easy.

    Howard, Feb 7, 2008
  5. Howard

    Chris H Guest

    Chris H, Feb 8, 2008
  6. Hi Chris
    Just upgrade your broadband router to a wireless one that has network ports
    as well make sure all the computers are set to dhcp and away you go.
    simple as that.
    most routers have web interfaces so you can see whats connected.

    Alan Hartwell, Feb 11, 2008
  7. Howard

    Chris H Guest

    Chris H, Feb 11, 2008