Holy Grail of DVDs April 26th

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Aphelion, Feb 14, 2005.

  1. Aphelion

    Aphelion Guest

    Aphelion, Feb 14, 2005

  2. Don't forget the imminent release of the letterbox version of "Ghost Dad".

    Matthew

    Matthew L. Martin, Feb 15, 2005

  3. Aphelion

    Tarkus Guest

    I never even saw Parts 1-5.

    Tarkus, Feb 15, 2005
  4. Aphelion

    Tarkus Guest

    I'll have to trust you, because I'll never see it.
    --
    "Old people don't need companionship. They need to be isolated and
    studied so it can be determined what nutrients they have that might

    Now playing: the radio.

    Tarkus, Feb 15, 2005
  5. Aphelion

    Justin Guest

    No, the Holy Grail of DVDs was released a couple of years ago

    Justin, Feb 15, 2005
  6. Aphelion

    Justin Guest

    Derek Janssen wrote on [Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:23:55 -0800]:
    I have that sountrack.

    The Pirate movie is soon to come.

    Justin, Feb 15, 2005
  7. Aphelion

    Tarkus Guest

    Monty Python?

    Tarkus, Feb 15, 2005
  8. The opening joke that explains that is even lamer than yours. Trust me.

    Derek Janssen (they're TOP SECRET, you see!)

    Derek Janssen, Feb 15, 2005
  9. ....Yay! "Song of the So--

    --errr...Oh.

    In keeping with Usenet netiquette, next time prefix "[MOLDY GENERIC
    OVERUSED GAG]" on the header to identify it.
    What?...Warner *did* release "Electric Dreams" and we didn't notice?? ;)

    Derek Janssen (and no Universal "Pirates of Penzance", either, but you
    can get the stage version from Kultur)

    Derek Janssen, Feb 15, 2005

  10. Is "Heaven's Gate" available on DVD?

    E. Barry Bruyea, Feb 15, 2005
  11. Aphelion

    Justin Guest

    Justin, Feb 15, 2005
  12. Yep--Theatrical recut, no extras, no Harvard waltzing:
    http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=MGD908371

    ....Any other gags?

    Derek Janssen (oh, wait, how about a nice "Howard the Duck" one?)

    Derek Janssen, Feb 15, 2005
  13. Aphelion

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Derek Janssen () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    I guess I'm the only one who would like to see this released.

    The way I see it, there's no way they intended it to be "high art",
    and they probably weren't even shooting for "good", so it's OK.

    It's all those movies that *tried* to be good and failed miserably
    that can be held off indefinitely.

    --
    Jeff Rife | Al Gore: To my left, you'll recognize

    Jeff Rife, Feb 17, 2005
  14. Aphelion

    Doug Stuart Guest

    I would love to see Howard the Duck. I even have the soundtrack on vinyl
    (sad I know). The only thing I didn't like was

    **** SPOILER ****

    the creatures at the end were too reminiscent of the dragon from Willow
    and/or a Monty Python Upper Class Twit of the Year.

    Doug

    Doug Stuart, Feb 20, 2005
  15. Aphelion

    jayembee Guest

    No, you aren't. HTD isn't a good film by any stretch of the
    imagination, but it's not nearly as bad as most people would like you
    to believe.

    If nothing else, it'd be worth having it on DVD just to be able to
    watch (and rewatch) Jeffrey Jones's turn as The Dark Overlord of the
    Universe.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Feb 20, 2005
  16. (And I guess I'm the only one who realized the previous post was picking
    on easy-gag punchlines of the previous poster, and NOT trying to
    red-herring the thread...)
    Of course, that's within the pre-stated boundaries of there being no
    such actual thing *as* a good non-"Graffiti" Willard Huyck & Gloria Katz
    film...

    Derek Janssen (with Strategic Guest Appearance by EDDIE MURPHY)

    Derek Janssen, Feb 21, 2005
  17. As huge a fan of Jeffrey Jones as I am, don't forget Lea Thompson
    stripping down to her scivvies.

    Michael Alan Chary, Feb 22, 2005