    a roll. My printer doesn't have any holder for taking a roll but I was
    wondering if anyone has had any experience in just holding the roll as it
    feeds through the printer & if so just what were the results.

    Videot, Feb 25, 2005

  2. Videot

    Odie Ferrous Guest

    Take it into the loo and use the loo roll holder?!!

    Odie

    Odie Ferrous, Feb 26, 2005

  3. : Videot wrote:
    : >
    : > I'm finding it difficult to purchase any more Panoramic Photo Paper for use
    : > in by Canon Bubble Jet printer. I see that its possible to buy the paper on
    : > a roll. My printer doesn't have any holder for taking a roll but I was
    : > wondering if anyone has had any experience in just holding the roll as it
    : > feeds through the printer & if so just what were the results.
    : >
    : > --
    : > Thanks in advance

    : Take it into the loo and use the loo roll holder?!!

    This may have been said partly in jest, but the idea has some merit.
    Depending on the width of the paper in the roll, you might look at
    mounting a paper towel roll holder under your printer to hold the roll.
    You would have to use one with a solid bar to hold the roll, and the bar
    would have to be able to loosely fit in the roll. But such a holder should
    work fine (as long as the feed rollers for the paper are strong enough to
    move the paper roll on it's shaft). The main difficulty would be that if
    the resistance to movement imparted by the holder was too much for the
    printer to pull and thus cause the print to be compressed in the length
    direction (damaging the print).

    Randy

    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL