    "I know, I've got filters on. It must be some update blocking access.
    I'll turn them off and everything will be fine!" Nope - silly me.

    Any thoughts, kind folk?

    clot, Mar 17, 2006

  2. clot

    Trax Guest

    |>I'm using XPHome with SP2, RealPlayer v10 or WMP10 and IE6.
    |>
    |>I wanted to watch this seal being moved-
    |>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/4814542.stm
    |>
    |>When I click on the item, it momentarily opens a window which then
    |>closes down without any error message. It used to work o.k. - despite
    |>being clunky on a dial up access. (And I've checked that I'm having the
    |>difficulty on other sites.)
    |>
    |>"I know, I've got filters on. It must be some update blocking access.
    |>I'll turn them off and everything will be fine!" Nope - silly me.
    |>
    |>Any thoughts, kind folk?

    See if this works for you
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news_web/video/9012da68003c998/nb/09012da68003cac1_16x9_nb.asx

    Or

    http://tinyurl.com/nuo56

    This will open a windows media player -

    Or past the link in the network option of VLC
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

    Trax, Mar 18, 2006

  3. works for me

    Tom Eckersley, Mar 18, 2006
  4. clot

    clot Guest

    Thanks for the links, Trax. Much appreciated but I still can't see the
    seal! Blinky has been noticeably quite - perhaps he's nicked it? I've
    no other problems with the system (that I know of!) so it's an
    interesting puzzle at present rather than an annoyance.

    clot, Mar 18, 2006
  5. clot

    clot Guest

    Yes, but not for me despite Trax's help! Grr!

    clot, Mar 18, 2006
  6. clot

    clot Guest

    That should have been "quiet"!

    clot, Mar 18, 2006
  7. clot

    Trax Guest

    |>> despite
    |>> the

    |>> access.

    |>> See if this works for you
    |>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news_web/video/9012da68003c998/nb/09012da68003cac1_16x9_nb.asx
    |>>
    |>> Or
    |>>
    |>> http://tinyurl.com/nuo56
    |>>
    |>> This will open a windows media player -
    |>>
    |>> Or past the link in the network option of VLC
    |>> http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
    |>>
    |>> --
    |>> World's Bravest Man
    |>> http://nynerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/feminists1.jpg

    |>Thanks for the links, Trax. Much appreciated but I still can't see the
    |>seal! Blinky has been noticeably quite - perhaps he's nicked it? I've
    |>no other problems with the system (that I know of!) so it's an
    |>interesting puzzle at present rather than an annoyance.

    Were you just trying to excite Blinky? :)

    If so try this link (mind control);
    http://blogcharm.com/funnychit

    "Their scientists are now implanting neural transmitters into the
    brains of sharks with the intent of turning them into stealth
    technology."

    Trax, Mar 18, 2006
  8. I've been "noticeably quite [sic]" because I was a buddy's house for a
    couple days and was having trouble posting from there. :)
    I'll bet they're doing that without their consent. Bribing them with food
    fish and photos of sultry lady aharks, probably.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 18, 2006
  9. clot

    clot Guest

    Not at all. You know what a voracious appetite he's got! I just wanted
    to protect that poor seal! I see you've "hooked" him. :)

    clot, Mar 19, 2006
  10. clot

    clot Guest

    Pedant! :) What's an ahark? ;)

    clot, Mar 19, 2006
  11. A shark that tests clean for sexually transmitted deseases. Then there's
    the bhark, who's an unknown quantity, and the chark, which is known to be
    a carrier.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 19, 2006
  12. clot

    clot Guest

    Oh I see - I think? Glad you cleared that up for me! :)

    clot, Mar 19, 2006
  13. clot

    Mara Guest

    ^^^^^^^^
    (That's under "deseases," for those like me who don't use fixed-pitch fonts.)

    Heehee

    "Sorry, couldn't resist."

    Mara, Mar 19, 2006
  14. clot

    clot Guest

    A small portion of Swan, perhaps,as the next course, Marm?

    clot, Mar 19, 2006
  15. clot

    Mara Guest

    You know, I've been building a new box, and haven't eaten supper yet. Shark-fin
    soup *does* sound good.... A<eg>

    "I *am* the QoE, after all."

    Mara, Mar 19, 2006
  16. clot

    clot Guest

    Careful - that could be a "fun trap" Blinky laid there! Water and
    deseases? :)

    clot, Mar 19, 2006
  17. Yeah, no spelchekker in this client.
    As for fixed pitch -- no sweat; fixed pitch is part of cluefulness. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 19, 2006
  18. Ummmm...yeah, that's it! Ignore my note about not Pan not having a
    spelchekker. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 19, 2006
  19. clot

    clot Guest

    Do you know, if it wasn't for your moniker, I'd have thought you were
    human! :)

    clot, Mar 19, 2006
  20. clot

    Mike Easter Guest