hive corrupted, not booting

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Arvind, Nov 10, 2006.

  1. Arvind

    Arvind Guest

    Hi,

    My personal laptop is not booting. Re-installing the OS is my last
    option since I have some important data in it. I have tried several of
    the tricks online, but none of them work because the entire c:\windows
    directory is not seen. Tricks include using recovery console and
    replacing the 5 hives with the ones in repair directory (not working
    because c:\windows is not seen on startup of recovery console only c:
    is seen) Also, cd windows, md tmp etc. do not work, get the message
    access denied.

    Does any of u know a place in Dallas where they will diagonize laptop
    issue related things at a reasonable price? If any of u is an expert
    on such things, please let me know if you have any ideas on how to fix
    this.

    Thanks,

    Arvind

    Arvind, Nov 10, 2006