  1. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Take me to Cuba

    Brian H¹©, Jul 6, 2003

  2. Brian H¹©

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H¹© continued:
    Sorry, don't go sarf a da river, guv.

    Slumpy, Jul 6, 2003

  3. Brian H¹©

    trout Guest

    Turn this thread around! I claim it in the name of the Popular
    Liberation Front of Southern Togo.

    trout, Jul 6, 2003
  4. Brian H¹©

    ilmc Guest

    trout typed:
    Home rule for Thornton Heath!

    ilmc, Jul 6, 2003
  5. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    I didn't know your real name was Kevin ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Jul 6, 2003
  6. Brian H¹©

    slylittlei Guest

    A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    arboreal in it's habits: ilmc stated for the record...
    Freedom For Tooting! :)

    slylittlei, Jul 6, 2003
  7. Brian H¹©

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as slylittlei continued:
    Paaar to de Peepole !!!!!

    Slumpy, Jul 6, 2003
  8. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Hello Foxy :-D

    Brian H¹©, Jul 6, 2003
  9. Brian H¹©

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H¹© continued:
    Shouldn't that be "Hello Alfie. Where's Spencer ?" ;-)

    Slumpy, Jul 6, 2003
  10. Brian H¹©

    ilmc Guest

    Slumpy typed:
    Oh yes. Born Mayday Hospital 27/6/47. Family home had front gate in West
    Croyon, but the rest was in fornton eef..
    I actually saw the pond, with trams going around it.
    Sad old fart.

    ilmc, Jul 6, 2003
  11. Brian H¹©

    ilmc Guest

    Slumpy typed:
    Lost me on the "Bang'ole boy" bit. Tooo long north of the river
    Bensham Lane. Crystal Palice Dynasours. Bedington park - with crested
    newts.
    Girls!

    ilmc, Jul 6, 2003
  12. Brian H¹©

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as ilmc continued:
    Bensham lane, and the brook behind the houses that runs under the roads....
    Crystal Palace park, motor racing, swimming and Dino's :-D
    Bang'ole was where Cleo Lane was born (tho she doesn't ever admit as much)
    and was between Whitehorse Road and Broad Green, behind Mayday. My
    Grandparents were born there, apparently the infant mortality rate was the
    highest in the UK. All gone now, thank God, replaced by faceless blocks of
    flats with people who don't know each other.
    Ecclesbourne School ?

    Slumpy, Jul 7, 2003
  13. Brian H¹©

    Bigjon Guest

    Slumpy declared:
    Playing in the grounds of the MayDay from Woodcroft Rd, where we used to
    live in a Two-up, Two-Down. Sunday afternoons in the side pool-room in the
    Brigstock arms, The chippy on the corner of Bensham & Woodcroft, next to
    the dairy where my dad worked... I remember Beddington park, the Boating
    lake, the Dogfish under the Bridge and the Spring by the Motel for a drink
    on a hot sunnty day.. I also seem to vaguely recollect a giant Tortoise in
    the Crystal palace park that you could get rides on as a kid ?

    Seems like another life...

    Bigjon, Jul 7, 2003
  14. Brian H¹©

    ilmc Guest

    Oh what a nostalgia jag . :)
    My (twin) sister still lives there - of Queens Road, at the back of the bone
    yard.
    Haven't been back since my mother died in '98 - hate the place. I remember
    watching the Royal Horse Artillery charging around the school playing fields
    which are now beneath the Whitgift Shopping Centre. Dramatic. They don't
    always miss!

    ps: did you ever unglue your hd cable?

    ilmc, Jul 7, 2003
  15. Brian H¹©

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as ilmc continued:
    Yeah, it popped out with very little resistance after I shaved a bit off.
    There wasn't as much as it looked from the outside :)

    slumpy, Jul 7, 2003
  16. Brian H¹©

    ilmc Guest

    ;-)

    ilmc, Jul 7, 2003
  17. Brian H¹©

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as ilmc continued:
    By the cemetary ?
    We used to visit this couple with two boys the same age as me and my brother
    in this little cul-de-sac with allotments/bombsite rubble at the end, and a
    huge wall facing their house. And /every/ time, we ended up fighting with
    them. And winning. My brother's a nutter and I can run fast ;-)

    slumpy, Jul 7, 2003
  18. Brian H¹©

    ilmc Guest

    Are we (tinw) talking about Frant Rd and Kidderminster? Did bread round
    around there - 6s a day!

    ilmc, Jul 7, 2003