    Favourites" and other stuff.

    I have ran the uninstall to spy killer and it is gone....but the changes
    are still there... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....Jimi

    Jimi, Dec 2, 2006

  2. Jimi

    Vanguard Guest

    You got suckered. Spyware Killer is rogueware. See:

    Vanguard, Dec 2, 2006

  3. Jimi

    Bigbri Guest

    Save your favourites prior to reinstall

    Disc/Documents & Settings/username/and there it is shazam

    Bigbri, Dec 2, 2006
  4. Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 2, 2006
  5. Jimi

    Alan Guest

    Or you can download Ad-Aware and Spybot from the makers webistes...
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Alan, Dec 2, 2006
  6. Jimi

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Dec 2, 2006
  7. Jimi

    Au79 Guest

    Download and install Firefox or Opera, you should be able to import your
    favourites from IE7.

    Au79, Dec 2, 2006
  8. Jimi

    Leythos Guest

    Ask yourself if you really want to trust the advice and files provided
    by a person that has all of their posts deleted, hides by 20+ different
    identities, and has foul content on their website that they post links
    too in Usenet.

    Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
    of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
    or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
    direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
    place to download their application.

    No person of sound mind would download files from a hack site that
    requires a password to access the unknown files when they are available
    directly from the vendors.

    Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

    The following links will take you to vendors sites for Spy Ware / Ad
    ware removal tools and also for Antivirus tools. After you install any
    of these applications and update them, run them in SAFE MODE to allow
    them to properly clean your system.

    First, make sure that your Java is updated to the latest version:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

    These sites are for downloading Anti-Malware and Anti-Spyware tools, in
    order that I would use them myself:

    Dave Lipman's tools:
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    Secured2K's AntiPauper (download link/info at)
    http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=65072

    Rogue Fix - This removal tool is the property of Internet Inspiration
    http://www.internetinspiration.co.uk/roguefix.htm

    AdAwareSE can be found here:
    http://www.lavasoft.com/download_and_buy/detection_database/

    SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

    Leythos, Dec 2, 2006