    640x480 resolution is pretty bad. I've seen add ons for PDAs that are
    600x800, still too low.

    http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,111798,00.asp

    Mad Scientist, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Mad Scientist

    Nils Rostedt Guest

    Sharp has announced a 2 Mp cameraphone to be available within this year.
    I've seen no details. In Japan, several 1 Mp models are already on the
    market from Panasonic and SonyEricsson. Phone makers Samsung, Nokia and
    SonyEricsson are rumoured to announce new phone models within the next few
    weeks, so keep your eyes open. And check that the phone works with the
    digital cellular standard(s) that your local operators offer. In the GSM
    world, the best you can buy today is 640*480, as far as I know. /Nils

    Nils Rostedt, Aug 26, 2003

  3. Mad Scientist

    David Chien Guest

    * 2 megapixels or better
    Nope. None yet in the USA. Sorry!

    Japan has already announced 2MP models out for their market.

    Samsung Korea beats us all with the only cell phone with built-in TV
    tuner. Man!

    David Chien, Aug 26, 2003
  4. Mad Scientist

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Not any I know of. Most keep the picture resolution low so that they
    can be sent on the phone to another place in less than an eon.

    Ron Hunter, Aug 26, 2003