    is on. (Fdx/Col) and (100) lights are not on.

    Any ideas what the problem might be?

    thanks.

    core, Nov 4, 2003

  2. core

    Frank Guest

    | Trying to share a High Speed Internet connection using a Network Hub.
    One
    | system is running XP, other system was recently upgraded from Windows
    | Windows 98. Connection was working fine with 95 but not working now
    after
    | upgrading to 98. Is there a reason why it is not working now?
    |
    | On Ethernet Mini-Switch (hub), three lights come on for the XP
    connection
    | which is OK. However, for the win98 system, only the first light
    (Link/Act)
    | is on. (Fdx/Col) and (100) lights are not on.
    |
    | Any ideas what the problem might be?
    |
    | thanks.

    I find it hard to believe that this setup was working with another
    OS because with your set up you would need two IP addresses.

    Frank, Nov 4, 2003

  3. core

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    So?

    -= Hawk =-, Nov 4, 2003
  4. core

    Alien Zord Guest

    Is your "network hub" a router?
    If it worked with 95 but not 98 then its either because the TCP/IP
    parameters are incorrectly set or the network card driver is wrong (lack of
    lights on the hub or is it a 10baseT NIC only?) or double installed (common
    problem in Win98). Check the Network Properties for duplicate NIC entries
    and for correct TCP/IP settings.

    Alien Zord, Nov 4, 2003